Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, November 28, 2014

The VERY Beginning of Christmas


Have you ever wondered like me, how it was in Heaven just before Christ left to come to Earth as a babe in the manger. Max Lucado obviously has too, for he wrote a book about it called Cosmic Christmas.  Here is what the inside cover says . . .

. . .do we know the whole story?  What about the hidden happenings that might have led up to the Savior's birth?  Was the arrival of Jesus a quietly profound event?  Or could it have been the result of heavenly battles, angel armies, and a scheming Satan?  Envision a confrontation in heaven between the King of creation and the rebellious Satan.  Threats.  Challenges.  A gauntlet laid on the floor of the sky.  And then the passage from heaven to earth.  "There was a war in heaven" the Bible states in Rev. 12:7.  Angels battling Satan's armies as they transport the essence of heaven itself.

The back cover reads. . .

The two stood facing each other, God robed in light, each thread glowing.  Satan canopied in evil, the very fabric of his robe seeming to crawl.  Satan rose slowly off his haunches. Like a wary wolf, he walked a wide circle toward the desk until he stood before the volume and read the word: Immanuel.
Immanuel?  He muttered to himself.  "God with us?"  The hooded head truned squarely toward the face of the Father.  "No. Not even you would do that.  Not even you would go so far.  The plan is bizarre!  You don't know how dark I've made the Earth.  It's putrid.  It's evil, It's. . .
"It is mine," proclaimed the King.  "And I will reclaim what is mine."
"Why?" Satan asked.  "Why would you do this?"
The Father's voice was deep and soft.  "Because I love them."

Wow!  This gives me goose bumps.  And you know what I think?  Anyone out there who is wondering if they are worthy, please just let me shout a great big "Yes!"  The angels and Satan battled in Heaven for you.  God let a part of himself leave the comfort of a holy home to come to this Earth for you and for me.  Why?  Because He loves us.  Yes, you are worthy.  You are special.  You are loved.  Let's live our lives showing Him that we think He is worthy, that He is special,  that He is loved by us.

As a new month begins, let's prepare our hearts by thanking Him, our Heavenly Father, for the battle that was won on our behalf, the battle that was fought before that very first Christmas tree went up, before there were wreaths on the doors and bells ringing from the churches.

Thank you Father for loving us so!
It is going to be a Merry Christmas

2 comments:

a joyful noise said...

Jesus was the first volunteer!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

interesting and thanks for your thoughts. It is great that Jesus came to save us!