Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Parenting

Parenting. . .It's all I ever wanted to do. When all the little girls and I back in the 60's and early 70's would sit in the grass on a summer day making jewelry out of clover, we would talk about what we wanted to be when we grew up. I always said I wanted to be a wife and mother.

Then I was blessed with those roles. Mothering. . .such a joy to hold your baby in your arms to feed, to rock, to sing to.

Then you begin to teach them. Being a homeschool mom, I taught many things. . .besides reading, arithmetic, and all those other academics, I taught manners, character traits, we studied turtles and tornadoes and the human body and SO much more.

Then they become bigger than you and you teach them how to drive a 2 ton machine, how to fill out a job application and to go shopping on their own. And you trust.

Then they are sitting by themselves, filling out college applications, deciding what classes to take that you're not teaching anymore. You sit and pray for the professors to have the character and morals you taught your own. And then you trust.

You watch as choices are being made and some make you wince and you pray and trust the foundation that was built will not crumble but that all their choices will be learning tools to make them better in the end. And you trust.

We trust our Savior. When we let go of our children, we can trust He has then in the palm of His hand. If we're not liking the picture we see, we have to trust that our God sees the bigger picture and He is in control. We trust.

When the picture is looking good, we can praise our God for all good things are from Him. We praise.

I praise in the good times and in the bad times, because my Savior is always worthy of praise, no matter what! He is good all the time and all the time He is good and worthy of all praise and honor.

He is my Father and I am His child. He understands all about this parenting business. He knows our hearts, our joys, our griefs, our dreams for our children. We trust.

When our child takes off in that car, goes off to college, takes a wrong turn, takes a right turn, we can say "Lord, he/she is Your child. . .and I will trust You.

We come to that place where we have to let go of them, with our hands, but we never let go with our hearts.

And the day may come when we are old and gray and our children will be holding us, maybe rocking and singing to us, maybe feeding us, and the parenting roles reverse. . . . .may they trust.

2 comments:

a joyful noise said...

Our children grow and marry and then come grandchildren, and we pray because we don't see them often and in-laws sometimes don't want interference. So we pray and do what we can. God knows each heart and prayer goes across the miles.

Shakin' the Foundation said...

Good word and right on time my sweet friend!!

Sending you much love,
xoxox
Stacey