Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Operation Bundle Up




Hey guys,

I've really let my blog go for this past year, not keeping it up like I have for the past 4 years. I've been kinda busy. But I wanted to stop in and catch you all up. If you have been following me at all, you know that I started a Blanket Ministry for the Homeless in my Kentucky community back in 2009. It was just going to be a one time thing and God took it and grew it and now after 5 winters, we have given away over 4500 blankets. Then I spent 2 1/2 years writing a book and again, God took hold of it and it became published by a traditional publisher! And for the last 1 1/2 years I've been involved in a Homeless Outreach Bridge Ministry which will be the foundation for my second book.

But here is what I really wanted to share with you at this time. From the beginning of my blog, God led me to so many wonderful people out in blog land and one of them is Deidra. She is from my home state of Oklahoma but I have never met her. We began following each other's blogs. Then one day just a couple of months ago, she wrote me and said her twin, 13 year old daughters wanted to spend their summer break crocheting hats, scarves and make blankets for the homeless and they wanted to donate to my Blanket Ministry. There is so much to tell about this. These girls have taken this on so seriously. They have done fund raisers, their community newspaper did a front page story on them. . .oh my!  I will just let them tell you through their own links and FB page.

AND, here is another exciting part. Their family is going to drive the 8 hour drive to come here to Kentucky to deliver their handmade goods at the Homeless Outreach Ministry we have here each Tuesday evening. I am so excited to meet them and give them a great big hug for sharing their great big hearts with our community. Our newspaper and Christian radio Station has already said they want to do a story on them when they get here. This precious family will be coming on their Fall Break, the middle of October.

There is SO much to say about stepping out of comfort zones. I stepped out of one to start the Blanket Ministry and to step out into the homeless community. I stepped out of a comfort zone to share my words and thoughts to the world, first through blogging and then through a book. But folks, here is the great thing. I stepped out holding onto that Righteous Right Hand of God asking Him to lead the way and I would follow, even though I was shaking in my boots. And you know what? He blessed me BIG time with new friends, new and faithful prayer partners and old alike, a new community of people God gave me such a love for, and God has grown me in so many ways. God has surprised me so many times I can't even begin to tell you. Well. . .if you really want to know, you can read my book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n. You can click the book to the right of this blog and it will take you to Amazon.com to order one. If you live in Bowling Green, KY, you can find it on the shelves of Barnes and Noble and Lifeway. I would like to encourage you if you are sitting in your comfort zone but you are wanting to step out. . .Take His Hand and go. There will be blessing right around the corner. This family has been such a blessing to me and I haven't even met them yet!

There will be more to this story of Operation Bundle Up, but for now, please go to these sweet, loving, selfless girls sites to meet them and see what all they have been up to. It is SO inspiring!!!

https://www.facebook.com/bundleupclub

http://deidramanning.net




1 comment:

a joyful noise said...

Whether it is a cup of cold water, a blanket, or a knitted scarf, Jesus said you have done it unto me.